Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - М.О. Кучма - Богдан 2017 рік
Unit 4 TRAVELLING
Lesson 39 Getting Information
1. Study the map. Say where and what services you can receive.
Tourist Information Centres (TIC(s))
1. displays of leaflets and brochures on local attractions, entertainment venues and events
2. transport information such as timetables and schedules
3. listings of accommodation providers Many TIC(s) have touch-screen facilities and interactive information displays, as well as trained staff.
4. children’s activities
6. guide tours
Accommodation booking service, booking theatre tickets, car rental, excursions/ guides, changing currency, arranging a dental appointment
2. You want information on different attractions. Look at the interactive information display. Choose the attraction you would like to attend. Explain your reasons.
3. Work in pairs. Read the dialogue. Make up and role-play a similar one. Travel Agent: Hello. What can I do for you?
You: I’d like to go on a holiday tour somewhere abroad. What do you suggest?
Travel Agent: We have many fascinating offers. I think it’s better to come up to our agency. We’ll serve you or you will be able to use our touch-screen facilities or interactive information.
4. Work in small groups. Discuss which ways of getting tour information are more popular with young people in your native town/village. The pictures below will help you.
5. Write approximately 10 sentences about the way(s) your family get information about tours and services.