Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - М.О. Кучма - Богдан 2017 рік
Lesson 7 My School
1. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions.
1. What town/village do you live in?
2. Is it large or small?
3. How many schools are there in your town/village?
4. What is the number of your school?
5. What street is it in?
6. How many storeys does your school have?
7. What floor is your English classroom on?
8. What days do you attend school?
9. What are your favourite days at school? Why?
2. Interview your classmate on his/her favourite subject(s).
Model: A: What is your favourite subject?
B: It’s Maths.
A: How many times a week do you have it?
A: On what days do you have your favourite subject?
B: On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
A: Is it the first lesson in your timetable?
B: No, on Monday it’s the second lesson, on Wednesday it’s the third lesson and on Friday it’s the fifth lesson.
3. Say how often and during which lessons you:
1) do research on the Internet;
2) play indoor/outdoor sports;
3) exhibit artwork;
4) learn to use different software;
5) practise musical instruments;
6) do experiments;
7) watch documentaries about various countries;
8) study Ukrainian grammar;
9) learn poems by heart;
10) subtract, divide, add and multiply.
4. Match the questions in A with the answers in B.
1. Why do you like English?
2. Why do you like Sport?
3. Why do you like Maths?
4. Why do you like Music?
5. Why do you like the Ukrainian language?
6. Why do you like Computer Studies?
a) because I like counting and doing sums;
b) because I like singing and playing musical instruments;
c) because I like jumping and running;
d) because I like telling stories and reading books;
e) because I like to write computer programmes;
f) because I like describing pictures, making up dialogues and playing games.
5. Complete the text in the Past Simple. Use the verbs from the box.
talk, work, arrive, continue, finish, listen, play, start
I remember my first day at school in 20… . I … at 8.30 and … lessons at 9.00. We … from 9.00 to 12.00. The teachers … to us a lot. Then we … football for an hour. In the afternoon we … the lessons and … to the teacher carefully. Then at 3.30 the lessons … . It was a long and tiring day!
6. Make the sentences interrogative and negative.
1. We were attending smart shops at that moment. 2. Ann was answering the questions. 3. The teacher was explaining what to do. 4. We were making up dialogues. 5. The students were writing the words into their vocabularies. 6. I was jumping at that time. 7. Read Sam’s letter about him and his English lessons. Write a reply to Sam’s letter.