Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - М.О. Кучма - Богдан 2017 рік
Unit 1 AUTOBIOGRAPHY
Lesson 8 Autobiography
Prepositions of time by, before and after
by = до
before = до, перед тим як
after = після, після того як
1. Supply a suitable preposition by, before or after.
1. I had decorated the room_____________________ the time they came.
2. She had swept the floor ___________ he came.
3. We moved to the village ___________ the war.
4. I’ll begin to work _________________he comes.
5. You’ll watch TV ______ they leave.
6. What will you do ________ you finish high school.
7. I usually come to school ten minutes__________________ the classes begin.
2. Listen, read and remember the words and word combination.
3. Complete the sentences with the words from exercise 2.
1. An________ is a self-authored story of a person’s life.
2. An autobiography is an______________of one’s life.
3. If you ever need any help, you know you can__________ ____________ me.
4. They are_______ ed in talks.
5. Our_______ audience is students. They are curious and energetic.
4. Read the text.
An autobiography is a self-authored story of a person’s life. It is an account of one’s life written or recorded in some way by that person.
The autobiography can be either professional or friendly, depending on your target audience.
There are two key autobiographical styles used by famous people:
In this type of writing, events will be narrated as a «perfect» story.
This type of writing can be engaged when you want your readers to build up a picture of something in their minds. It can be because of its beauty, its ugliness or simply because it is different.
The best way to write an autobiography is to treat life as an interesting story starting from birth. Take your readers or listeners through the different stages of your life.
5. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions.
1. What is an autobiography?
2. What types of autobiography do you know?
3. What are the key autobiographical styles? What is the difference between them?
4. What is the best way to write an autobiography?
6. Write the answers to the questions. They will give you an idea of what is to be included in your autobiography.
1. Who are you — what is your personality?
2. What does life mean to you?
3. What are the critical or important events that have impacted your life?
4. What is your outlook about your future?
7. Let’s play. Turn one word into another. You can change only one letter in each word.
Model: Sand … meat
Sand — send — sent — seat — meat
meet … mean;
hat … red;
nose … doll;
cake … nine.