Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (9-й рік навчання) - Л.І. Морська - Астон 2017 рік
LESSON 4 Music Mass Media
1. Look at the pictures. Read the sentences and correct the mistakes.
It’s a saxophone. It’s a percussion instrument.
- It’s a flute. It’s a wind instrument.
2. Speak about famous Ukrainians in music. Use the plan given below.
1. Name of the celebrity.
2. Date of birth (and if applicable - the date of death).
3. Occupation in music (singer, musician, composer).
4. Outstanding music achievements.
5. Popularizing Ukrainian music in the world.
3. Compare music styles. Use the model and the words from the box.
I believe that heavy metal is a more aggressive music style than rock. Hip-hop is much faster than rap music.
Words describing music:
beat, catchy, aggressive, fast, happy, lively, loud, monotonous, relaxing, repetitive, romantic, sad, slow, melancholic, jazzy, funky, orchestral
4. Turn the following sentences into the Active Voice.
More than two hundred songs were written by our local composer last year. - Our local composer wrote more than two hundred songs last year.
1. In 1999 the first success was brought to Britney Spears by “Baby one more time”.
2. Britney's second son was born in 2006.
3. The Moonlight sonata was composed by Ludwig van Beethoven.
4. In 2005, Ruslana was given the Person of the Year Award in Turkey.
5. Mykola Lysenko was sent to prison in 1907 by the Russian monarch for his hatred for Russian autocracy.
5. Sort out the words from the box in the correct column.
a sports section, online news, celebrities, a review section, articles,
Sunday papers, main stories, editor, interviews, daily papers, advertisement, the front page, journalists.
Things you find in a newspaper
6. Write 7-8 sentences about the media. Use the mind map given below.