Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (9-й рік навчання) - Карпюк О. Д. - Астон 2017 рік
YOUR WRITING GUIDE
1. An informal letter should be chatty and full of news.
2. Imagine you're talking to your reader — ask how they are.
3. Ask the reader to reply to you.
WRITING AN EMAIL
1. The computer includes your email address and the date automatically.
2. Write the email address of the person you’re writing to.
3. Write the address of the people you would like to send a copy of the letter to.
4. Choose a subject
5. Write the message like a short informal letter or a personal note.
WRITING A POSTCARD
1. Put the date at the top. (You can leave this out.)
2. Write Dear and the name of the person you’re writing to.
3. Write your message. Use short forms (I’ll, it’s, we’re) and short sentences.
4. Finish with a friendly phrase: See you soon, Wish you were here! (Lots of) Love. (to family members and close friends). Best wishes.
5. Sign your name. First name is usually enough.
6. Write the name and address of the person you’re writing to.
The paragraph is created in the following ways:
• showing the relationships between the ideas with words like: because, for example, and, also, besides;
• using pronouns to replace repeated nouns;
• leaving out the second subject when two verbs have the same subject.
Red is a very powerful colour.
Red creates an effect of excitement. Red is the most popular colour for sports cars.
Red is used in warning signs to show danger.
Red is a very powerful colour because it creates an effect of excitement. It is the most popular colour for sports cars, for example, and is also used in warning signs to show danger.
Are you writing an article? Follow this plan.
• Think about your reader. Who is your article for?
• First write down all your ideas — then organise them.
• Think of one key sentence for each paragraph and add more information.
1. Attract the attention of your reader.
2. Introduce the topic of your article.
3. Give the main information.
4. Add extra information.
5. Summarise and give your opinion.
AN ADVERT FOR A GADGET
For example, Save Time and Energy
The problem and the solution
What problems does the gadget solve? Do you ever feel tired when your dog wants to go for a walk?
What does it do? Here is the perfect solution to all your problems. The K9 exercises your dog in your own home.
Give information about the design/materials/uses/ convenience/etc.
It is made of good quality plastic and has an attractive, modern design. The dogwalker has a reliable electric motor plus a small computer.
The price /how you can get it
The dogwalker isn’t expensive either. It is a bargain at only £39.99! Contact: Cantek Products, Whitclijfe Cottage, Orleton, NrAshford, Kent.
Are you writing a description? Follow this plan.
• Imagine who will read your description and what information will interest them.
• Think of at least key words or phrases to describe the person.
• Describe one feature in each paragraph and add extra information.
1. Introduce the person you are going to describe.
2. Describe one key feature.
3. Add extra information.
4. Describe what is specia about that person.
5. Finish with a personal opinion.
Are you writing a story? Follow this plan.
• Give your story a clear beginning, middle and end.
• Think of key words to describe places / feelings, etc.
• Write three paragraphs.
1. Set the scene. Say where you were and what you were doing.
2. Describe how you felt.
3. Describe the place and give some background information.
4. Describe the main event and the outcome.
Are you writing a review? Follow this plan.
• Think about your reader. Who is your review for?
• Use descriptive language and sound enthusiastic.
• Write four paragraphs.
1. Say what you are reviewing.
2. Explain why you chose to review it.
3. Describe the main characters of the book / film or the objectof the game.
4. Describe the story / game.
5. Give your personal opinion and recommendation.
Are you writing a report? Follow this plan.
• Think about your reader. Who is your report for? Reports are usually for teachers / parents / somebody official.
• Use formal language and a clear structure.
• Write four paragraphs.
1. Say what the report is about.
2. Explain the advantages of the first idea.
3. Explain the consequences / result of the first idea.
4. Introduce an alternative idea and explain the advantages.
5. Explain the consequences / result of an alternative idea.
6. Summarise your arguments, give extra information.
7. Make your personal recommendation.
AN INTERNET PAGE
Give information about location, character, population and history.
Vancouver is an attractive city located on the Pacific Coast of Canada in the province of British Columbia. It is a multicultural city of over half a million. It was founded in 1862 and its original name was ‘Gas Town”.
Recommend places to visit and the local landscape.
There are many places worth visiting like Stanley Park and the Vancouver Aquarium. An interesting place to visit is the Gallery of Tribal Art.
Give information about sports, tourism and going out. There are many things to do in Vancouver and it is a great place for sailing. You can also watch some ice hockey, the city’s main sport. As well as that, there are many places to visit outside the city like Victoria Island and the Rocky Mountains.