Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - Т. І. Бондар - Методика Паблішинг 2017 рік
Check-in Let's listen and talk: The Chronicles of Narnia
1. Are they your favorite actors?
What film series did this main trio of stars appear? Look at the actors and try to describe their personal character traits (not Him characters). The fact file box gives you some interesting examples from their lives to prove the character trait
2. You are a researcher
Search the Internet and find some more interesting facts about Emma, Daniel, and Rupert to describe their character traits. Use the Wiki pages. Adjectives in the box might help you to stay focused.
Adjectives: emotional, hard-working, confident, educated, loyal, determined, strong-willed, ambitious, encouraging, intelligent
► We might infer a character trait from something a character does only once, or we might draw our conclusions from a series of things the character says and does.
I think that Daniel is smart because…
I guess Emma is…
I consider Rupert…
► Fact file
Daniel achieved A grades in the three AS-level exams that he took in 2006.
Grint took an avid interest in theatre, performing in school productions of a local theatre. Emma encourages young girls not to behave like princesses, but rather be active in helping others.
DID YOU KNOW?
• The Chronicles of Narnia is a series of fantasy films from Walden Media.
• It is based on The Chronicles of Narnia, a series of novels written by C. S. Lewis.
• From the seven novels, there have been three film adaptations so far - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005), Prince Caspian (2008) and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010) which have grossed over $1.5 billion worldwide among them.
• Harry Potter is a British film series based on the Harry Potter novels by author |. K. Rowling.
• The series is distributed by Warner Bros, and consists of eight fantasy films beginning with Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001) and culminating with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 (2011).
• It is the second highest-grossing film series with $7.7 billion in worldwide receipts, of which seven out of eight films are among the 50 highest- grossing films.
3. Let's listen and talk: The Chronicles of Narnia: Interview
a) Listen to the interview with Anna Popplewell and William Moseley.
b) Talk about teenagers' perception of the "Narnia", their auditioning, creating a feeling of family, acting with animatronic animals.
4. For my folder: Info from the Internet
Find out more information about The Chronicles of Narnia on the Internet. Then answer the questions.
1. What is lion's name who guided children in Narnia?
2. What is Narnia?
3. Who are the main characters (protagonists) in the film series?
4. What character is an antagonist (opposes the protagonists)?