Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - Т. І. Бондар - Методика Паблішинг 2017 рік
Check-in Let's listen and talk: The Chronicles of Narnia
Get fit! How to understand an English song?
How to understand an English song?
Many songs tell a story about the lives of young people - their dreams and problems. Other songs have a special message. Without the lyrics in front of you, it may be difficult, to understand a song in English. These tips may help you:
1. Look at the cover of the CD. The cover can give you a clue what the song is all about.
2. Listen to the song. Write down all the words that you recognize.
3. Listen to the song one more time. Listen to the sentence, in which the new word appears.
4. A new word? Do not worry! If you hear an unfamiliar word, think about what it could mean.
5. Listen to the refrain. It often tells the main idea or the main problem of the song.
6. Listen to each stanza. They will tell you the story.
7. Listen to the song again. Write a story. Sit back and enjoy it!
If you want to check yourself, go on the Internet. You can find lyrics of any song quite easily.
1. A song: The Supreme being teaches Spider-Man how to be in love
a) Follow the steps in the skills box as you listen to the song. Answer the questions.
1. What do you know about Spider-man? Describe him in two or three sentences.
These phrases can help you: to wear red and blue outfit • consider oneself a hero and a sinless person • fight criminals • to wear black outfit • nobody knows him • he has got the power of a spider • he is on love with...
2. Listen. Which of the words above are in the song?
3. Listen to the sentences which the words are in.
4. Listen again. Stop when you hear the words ‘Mohammed Ali'. Listen to the sentence they are in. Write the sentences to describe Mohammed Ali’s actions.
5. Which sentence in the refrain tells you that the person needs help?
6. Choose one ‘idea’ for each of the three verses:
• he is not ready to tell the truth
• he is about to let people know the truth
• the truth is revealed