Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - Т. І. Бондар - Методика Паблішинг 2017 рік
Unit 1 It's my life
Language 2 Get, make, let, have
3. Make, let, and have
a) Find all the examples of make, let and have in the text Bully. What does the word make you think of? For some people, it's that girl at school who always makes fun of them. For others, it's the biggest guy in the neighborhood who beats them up or takes their things, or makes someone do things he or she doesn't want to do.
No matter what situation or form it comes in, bullying can make you feel depressed, hurt, and alone. Bullying happens everywhere, all the time, and it’s happened since forever. Because it's so common, many adults think bullying is just a normal part of growing up. You’ve probably heard parents or teachers say things like: «Don’t let it get to you» or «You just have to be tougher.» However, when these are done to someone more than once, and usually over and over again for a long period of time, that’s bullying. Parents should have their kids talk about their problems. Parents also should let bullies’ parents know about the problem. Many antibullying organizations run campaigns to let victims know that they are not alone. They get kids, who fought the problem, to come to the studio and talk how to become strong.
Explain the difference between make, let and have. Check your answers with G2.
The teacher made Jack focus more.
The teacher had Ann show her hometask.
The teacher let her students sit on the floor.
5. Make - let
a) Complete the sentences with make or let.
1. Did your parents… you go to the cinema?
2. The English teacher …the students choose their own essay topics.
3. My mother … me repeat the whole poem over and over again.
4. My brother and I messed up our room, so my father… us clean our room.
5. Parents ….me eat vegetables every day to keep fit.
6. The school manager ….the students stay after class because they broke the window.
7. My father … me drive his car on Sunday.
b) Usten and check.
6. Get - have
a) Complete the sentences with have or get Put the verbs into the correct tense.
1. Our mother … us to clean the room yesterday.
2. The teacher … every student to write a story about their hometown.
3. Our teacher… us clean up our classroom on Sunday mornings.
4. I'll… Sally to wash the dishes when she comes.
5. Your computer is making some strange sounds. I think you should … a technician to look at it.
6. We bought a new computer, and we … my brother install the new game for us.
7. I had little time, so I… my brother complete my homework last night.
b) Usten and check.
7. Two forms
Have + somebody + do (verb 1) + something
In active form, we use somebody and base form of the verb (verb 1) after the verb «have».
Have + something + done (verb 3) + (by someone)
In passive form, we use something and past participle of the verb (verb 3) after the verb «have».
Choose the right word.
1. Mary had the nurse check / checked her temperature.
2. I must have the mechanic check / checked my car.
3. We've had a web designer make / made our website.
4. Mary had her temperature checked/ check by the nurse.
5. I must have my car checked / checked by the mechanic.
6. We've had our website make / made by a web designer.
Make the right sentences by putting the words in the right order.
1. She • never • her • lets • me • drive • car
2. We • are • room • painted • getting • the • living
3. You • mechanic • must • the • brakes • have • the • controlled • by
4. Him • apologize • Sam • made • for • the • mistake
5. The • collect • the • teacher • made • me • garbage
6. The • secretary • boss • the • report • will • get • the • to • write
7. The • doctor • give • up • made • smoking • her