Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - Т. І. Бондар - Методика Паблішинг 2017 рік
Unit 1 It's my life
Language 3 Talking about the future
Talking about the future
1. Remind yourself of the forms
First look at the information on the right. Then read the dialogue and find examples of how to talk about the future. Explain why the different tenses are used.
• present progressive: for future arrangements
• 'will' future: for personal predictions
• 'going to' future: for plans or when it is already clear what is going to happen
• simple present: for 'timetable' information
Naomi’s sister Lucy, a college student, wants to earn some money.
Lucy: Hey, Naomi, have you heard my news?
Naomi: No, but I can see you’re going to tell me! So go on.
Lucy: Well, I phoned about a Saturday job in a shoe shop, and I’m going for an interview with the manager tomorrow!
Naomi: Oh, that’s cool. Well, good luck!
Lucy: Thanks. The interview starts at 9.45. I don’t expect it’ll take too long. Naomi: What are you going to wear?
2. Say what Naomi is doing next week
a) Use Naomi's notes to give the information.
Example: On Monday she is having her hair cut. Her appointment is at 4.30.
b) What arrangements do you and your partner have for next week?
Ask and answer questions.
1. Are you going anywhere special next week?
2. What are you doing after school on...?
3. What time does/is...? ...?
3. Talk about plans for the future
a) Go on with what Marco tells his friends about his plans for a great life. Find your own verbs.
"When I leave school, I’m going to study IT at uni. Then I’m going to start...”
b) Marco's friends want to have a little fun with him.
Use your own ideas to make their predictions.
1. “Sorry, but I don’t think your plans will work out!”
2. “It’s quite possible that/Maybe ... will/won’t...”
c) Your turn: How do you see your own future? Write a paragraph describing your plans and predicting what your life will be like. (You needn't be too serious!)