Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - Т. І. Бондар - Методика Паблішинг 2017 рік
Unit 7 Home and away
Words in action: At a summer language camp
a) Collect words and phrases in mind maps for Ukraine.
b) Write three sentences about each category.
2. Let's look: At a summer language camp.
a) Summer is coming. Are you going to a summer language camp? Where are you going? Work with your partner and describe your trip to a summer camp.
b) Look at the activities that you might have at a language summer camp? What things should you pack to be able to participate in many activities?
c) Match the words with die pictures. You can use words several times if they match the picture.
a swimming suit • play drama • participate in the talent show • play water ball • set up a tent • sing • interview people • do a project about different cultures • take pictures • jump • swim in the river • build a team • play the guitar • hold competitions • camera • crayons • make a poster • act out a play • swimming trunks • play energizers • do a scavenger hunt • explore new places • beach activities • to compete • get suntan • wear make-up • catch a ball • flags • collaborate • sandplay
1 Set up a tent
5 play water ball
d) Think of more words to describe summer camp activities Bring pictures to describe them.
3. Definitions: Guess what?
a) What are these activities in the pictures?
b) Match the definitions with the activities from a).
1. The act or pastime of visiting sights of interest.
2. the act of sketching things
3. the act of creating a musical piece
4. fun activity that helps kids learn
5. the act of getting knowledge
6. the act of examining liquids
4. A campers' talk
Express your feelings about different situations.
1. We swam in the swimming pool twice a day!
2. Next language camp will be held in the mountains.
3. I met so many great people.
4. The weather is awful!
5. My friend broke a leg. He will stay at home instead of going to a summer camp.
6. I won the prize in the competition!
7. Our team is working hard on the project.
I didn't expect that! • I'm really enjoying it • I'm looking forward to • How terrible! • I hope ... • I never felt so good!
• I wish I could help • That's amazing! • It's very sad! • I'm on top of the world! • I think, it'll be ...
YOU CAN ALREADY
✓ Talk about the best way to spend time actively in Ukraine.
✓ Describe favorite holidays in Ukraine and the USA.
✓ Conduct a survey and describe the results.
✓ Describe why Ukraine is a safe place to visit.
✓ Talk about summer camps activities.